Friday, January 7, 2011

A New Year, A New Resolution

Every year it's the same thing: Lose weight, workout more, eat better.

Maybe it's living in Korea, or maybe it's working with 6-year-olds who adore me no matter what; but I've finally realized that these goals are bullshit. So, in honor of the new year, I'm posting my students' resolutions for 2011.

1. Donna: To make a book
2. Jeffrey: To make a helicopter out of Legos
3. Thomas: To learn magic
4. Micky: To be a good soccer player
5. Cameron: To get a dog
6. Andy: To make a car out of Legos
7. Francisco: To make a motorcycle out of Legos
8. Raphael: To become a magician
9. Peter: To make a top
10. Jelly: To learn hard ballet positions
11. Alice: To be a good student
12. Jimmy: To drive a bus

And lastly, my New Years Resolution: To love my body just the way it is--cellulite and all. It might not be as easy as, say, making a helicopter out of Legos, but I'll do my best.

1 comment: