Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Sweatpants Blues


Some people lose weight when they break a bone. They sleep so much they forget to eat. The lack of movement kills their appetite. The depression makes food taste like dirt.

I have never understood these people.

For me, a six-week sentence of crutches and a cast means lots of reading, lots of watching movies, and lots of eating.

It's not like I want to gain 10 pounds during this recovery, but the whole not being able to shower thing really makes it hard to find motivation. Oh, and the fact that I can't use my hands to cook or carry bags of takeout. So, I've been relying on protein bars and school lunches.

Protein bar for breakfast, whatever the kids eat for snack, white rice and whatever else the school serves for lunch, whatever the kids eat for snack, school lunch leftovers for dinner, and a chocolate Lara bar for dessert. Okay, lately it's been about three or four chocolate bars for dessert.

But just like the people that make excuses for losing weight during their recoveries, I have a million excuses for overeating. Excuse No.1: I've been wearing sweatpants every day for two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. what do you mean you can't use your hands to cook? wheel your hot ass over to the stove. or just sit on a stool or something and whip up something tasty. or hell, hire a friend to pick up some morsels from the streets. if you are going to sit around and get fat ..do it on delicious asian cuisine. not a god damned lara bar. who are you? where is the girl i love? go ahead and sit around in your sweatpants and don't shower for weeks, but for christ's sake jen ...eat a decent meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha tell me about it! Laziness has taken over and I have surrendered to the convenience of cafeteria cuisine.

    ReplyDelete